The bewildering roadways

I am not afraid to travel through public transport but I do accept, it comes with a lot of challenges. But the funny thing in such journeys is that you get to know a lot of people without even talking to them. For example, if the little boy by the side of his father refuses to sit on the lap of her mother, it means he loves his father more, or the two old women yelling at each other for two completely different things are satisfied with their company even though they cannot hear ten on ten or the girl standing in the middle holding a statistics book that she has never opened once before the exams date came out. On one such occasion, I was coming from my field work as usual when I saw more than usual assemblage of guys in the bus. I really hate it when this happens, that’s because the moment you enter a bus like that, all the guys look at you like you are some piece of meat and they are the drooling dogs, waiting to get their bites.

I stood in front of a similar aggregation of boys who were singing songs, whistling and passing back and forth from where I stood. I was cursing them, and my ipod whose battery died when I most needed them. You know the funniest part? Even the conductor smiled when I gave him money for buying the ticket. I felt so sick and so tired of the same reaction that every guy gives every girl. I started thinking, all these guys need to be stripped and beaten continuously until they start calling names of their mommies and then they should be made to realize that there mommies are women too. I don’t really understand why the world could never be of women and women alone, what is it anyway that a women can’t do?

I was empowered by my own thoughts when I heard a faint voice twice “Hello?... excuse me?!”, I gathered all my courage and anger in my closed fist and turned with all the attitude I had and angry eyes to see a guy, almost my age standing behind me when he said “You may sit on this seat, I will be getting off here”. I saw his bag still on the seat so that no one else could sit there. I looked at him bewildered and dumbfounded enough to even say thank you. As he got off that bus I wondered if whatever I was thinking throughout this journey mattered at all.

Comments

  1. Not everyone is d same. It's a universal truth sweetheart. :)
    Anyway, well written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts