Who knew

 My town was simple. My world was pure. Mostly because it was so easy to know who was honest and who wasn’t. The honest people were the ones without horns on the side of their heads. Long time ago, all the dishonest people were locked up in the prison built far away on an island with no way to come back. Our town still needed discipline so we used to have elections at regular intervals to find a leader who would lead us in peace and towards betterment. The last election we had was tough. We had two equally competent candidates and it took us a while to decide upon one of them. After months of campaigning, finally one day, the winning candidate gave his speech and there was applause everywhere. He promised for every good thing in the book and we had every reason to believe him. I was in the front row during the speech and as soon as it ended, I moved forward to shake his hand and congratulate him as I was too excited for this new chapter. As he leaned forward to shake my hand, I saw his hair displacing a bit, exposing two familiar conical structures growing on the side of his head.


That was the last election that ever took place in my town.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts