Deceit on the crossroads of life

The KEY word here is “estimate”, we often over estimate or under estimate a person without actually knowing him. This is a universal problem of human mankind that we will always have a character description ready for a person we have no connection with. I did a similar thing two years ago when I saw her, I didn’t know her name or anything about her, all I knew was that she used to stand on the same crossroads around the bus stand with the same expression on her face. After her continuous visits for two weeks on the same time, I couldn’t help but notice her even during the rush hour of customers in my auto. Her tight jeans, loose top and excessive make-up said a lot about her. We all knew she is standing by that abandoned tea stall, to look for rich customers. I stood for an hour one day right across the street just to see in which limo she will finally leave, but the Bus from Delhi made it completely impossible for me to miss my valuable customers and I had to leave even though I didn’t want to. I was however curious, for why such girls are allowed to stand even in the day time now. Even the police guards used to pass by her passing a remark or so and she would not even blink... a stone face I will never forget. Every day she used to refuse almost 20 different auto services and they just use to come towards my auto, mock her and make vulgar comments on her. I used to laugh with them as well, as I see no point as to why such girls should be looked upon with pity.


Out of curiosity one day I stayed back on the crossroads at noon just to see with whom she ends up. I left my auto with a fellow auto driver and stood right across the street from where I had a clear view of her. She was standing stone faced looking towards the road in front of her... waiting... and I waited with her. At around 1:45 pm I finally saw an approaching vehicle towards her; but it was not a limousine, or any other car for that matter, in fact to my surprise it was a bus. I saw her stone face lit up like a Christmas tree when she held those tiny hands in hers while happily chirping and walking past the tea stall towards her home. Thanks to my high school degree in English medium, I was able to make out a few words from the side bar of the bus which said “School for special Children”.

Comments

  1. Unbelievable ....no words to explain the beauty of ur writing...Im just overwhelmed and speechless :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts