Closure

The day finally came for my best friend's wedding. It had been 5 years since I had seen my ex who, I knew would also be there. In fact, I actually met my best friend because of him and now he was both of our best friend and I could only imagine how hard it would be for him to keep up with both of us. That day at the wedding, I was with my husband and my ex was with his beautiful 7 months pregnant wife. In the moment when our eyes met from across the hall, I remembered our friendship, our struggle to stay together, things that started changing between us and our extremely wise decision to call it off in time. After all this time, I realized I needed this. Just to look at him for one last time and show that I did find someone who loves me for who I am. I was playing all the past reels in my head when my husband pulled me by my hand and said sheepishly "Can we start eating now please?"

I definitely made the right decision!

Comments

Popular Posts