Sammy

Yeah you like me now

But there was a time when the only person who did
was the one person liked by all.
A time when I was broken,
And then she came along

She knew I had no friends,
so she shared hers with me.
She played weak so I could be strong.
She shielded me from hurts to be.

I was scared of the night so she made up stories
To make me go to sleep.
She laughed on my jokes, so I seem funny.
and built me piece by piece.

She told me when I was being annoying
So, I could be someone better.
She held my hand when I felt alone.
And those things really matter.

She stayed back at home with a loser like me
When she could go out and play
I fought with her on many things per se,
but she never stayed angry with me for more than a day.

She lent me her shoulder to sleep in the bus
Never caring for those who mocked
She knew that eating with a crowd was not my thing
So she sat next to me and talked.

She pushed me to be the popular one
and stayed behind in my shadow.
She never mentioned any of this to anyone
But did make me buy her cornetto.

She came to all my stupid plays
Sat in the front row and cheered
Her hug would be the best therapy for me
My stress would all be steered

She called me every day when I was away
To make me feel at home
She made me feel she was the one who needed me 
When in reality, she did not at all.

Yeah you like me now

but you would have never like me
if I was what I was before.
What you see me now is the 2.0
Whose first version was too broken to show

Comments

Popular Posts