Distance

I am a picky eater. I always have been. Every time me and my husband used to go to a restaurant, I would nag him not to order any dish with radishes or Brussel sprouts or anything healthy even though he loved it. So he would end up eating the noodles which are my favorite in the whole world, but he doesn't like them at all.

We have been living apart for a while now because of his military duties and the places which apparently need him more than I do. But people are right when they say long distance relationships are hard. My grandmother, God bless her soul, was extremely creative and she used to make me understand things in a way that no one else could. She once told me that every relationship is tied with a string between two people which has one of the 4 colors that expresses how strong that relationship is. First color is red, meaning the strongest. Then comes pink, then gray, and lastly, black. You can still reverse the colors up to the gray stage. Once it reaches black, there is nothing else to that string, other than eventually breaking up.

In the beginning of our long distance relationship, I realized how the colors were changing. We were both getting too busy with our jobs and I was busy with the kids and the house and the responsibilities. He was busy with his. We would call and talk just because we were supposed to, like on the clock every week at least once but I would have to leave a message first because he was not always in the range.
I was starting to be concerned about it turning black because it was evident to me that it had already reached the gray stage. One day when he called all excited and told me that he met our high school friend at his new posting and then handed over the phone to him. I was so excited to talk to this friend after such a long time and he started telling me how much he feels my husband has changed since the last time he saw him.


After a few minutes he said "and what the hell did he do to his diet? He doesn't like anything that he used to when we were in school"
"What do you mean?" I said confused.
"Well I have been taking him to some God-fancy restaurants since the past few days and all he has been eating are noodles."


(STRING COLOR - RED ALL ALONG)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts