The Weirdest Dusshera Party Ever!

This was my first Dusshera Party in USA.. or you can say my firstEST dusshera party :P . Since I was away from my hometown, I spent the evening with some friends of my elder sister and brother in law.
Well, the party was whatever you could guess it to be, males, females and youngones... MESSY youngones. At first, they started complementing my nephew and us for looking great and blah blah blah... but later on, to be very honest, I could NOT hear a word from anyone... or you can put it this way.. I couldn't GRASP one word out of the thousands around me. The noise was deafening and still every couple was able to understand what the other was saying and the most amazing thing was that within that noice, the mother's and fathers could make out that it is THEIR child who is crying without even able to see him within the mob of juveniles.
When it came to food, I thought they will give some rest to their throats, but man!!! I was so wrong. With the chattering of men more than women I found the theory of women chattering more than men was challenged. To be honest, the menace makers were quieter than their parents.
Then there was the poor Raavan I carved out on a Coka Cola cardboard box. I didnt know it's end would be so painful and by the end I started having sympathy with poor thing. Thr Raavan was clipped to the wall and the little LORD RAM avatars were asked to beat it with the sticks in their hand, something similar to PINIATA in USA parties (except for there was no candy inside raavan and it was a mere drawing not a stuffed toy). What happened then, I wont be able to explain here but I can swear that I saw the spirit of Raavan running madly out of the board screaming and pulling his hair out and looking at me; as asking what bad had he brought to me for bringing this on to him.
I confess I did something similar to be called aa the Raavan of the night... by chance.. Whatever happened was unintentional. In short, I made a little lady taansen spill her coldrink on her dress as I couldnt see her standing in front of me coz she was so tiny. Nobody except me knew why she was crying her throat out and so as any sane person would do... I moved out of the frame for her to get over it :P .. It was an accident ok?
The chattering continued and dinner started. The parents were so carefree and their kids were so predictable to them that they kept their food on the floor without any fear that their kids may spill it. It was wierd, I mean, when they know they have given birth to a monster, why take chance???
There were also some mind boggling events like: out of all the couples, one of the wife had her birthday on the same day so as a ritual, everybody put the cake cream on her face after she blew out the candles. As a result, her little bundle of mess started crying hell loudly as to why her mother had to undergo such torture, making my nephew awake and bestowing me with time away from the noise pollution trying to calm my nephew down for the rest of the evening.
Anyway, The summary is.. the party being my first and wierdest dussshera party was also one of the most memorable party I attended. And with all the sweet and salt incidents, I will always cherish it as a party who in ACTUAL.. kicked the raavan out of the house :P.. Happy dusshera to all!!!

Comments

Popular Posts