The Black side

I was trembling with fear when I came home with her. Her teacher's words were still echoing in my ears. Was it because of the fact that her parents were getting a divorce? Or was it because of any bad dreams she must be having?... Or was she abused?!... Or simply because she has a dark side to her, just like her teacher suggested.
I took her to her room and made her comfortable on the bed. Then I sat on my knees in front of her and thought of the best way to ask her this, out of the thousands ways I have already asked her in my mind. I gathered up all my courage and said "Sweetie! Your teacher told me that you draw with just black crayons. Do you want to talk about why do you do that?"
My 5 years old looked at me innocently and said "Those are the only ones with tips".

Comments

Popular Posts