Laces...


Have you ever been in a situation that your boss is briefing a very important note to your team when suddenly he looks at your shoes and say “hey!... your laces are untied”. And then all the members of your team forget about the briefing and looks at your SHOES with “untied” laces and start telling their secrets to keep their laces tied.

That has been a problem for me from the beginning. I remember the time when I had to abandon my beautiful polished black strap shoes for a bunch of complicated white lace shoes. After getting those shoes, my whole life got upside-down, wonder how? Well I used to get tagged more often in games coz guess what??? My laces used to get untied and people used to distract me with it.. “hey!... your laces are untied”. I used to stay outside the class after assembly because of them, I used to fall more often and had to wash the laces separately once every month (they used to slither through mud and dirt while I walked).

Then I got in a position to choose my own shoes in college, and I swore not to buy the ones with laces. I did use to get ended up in Boy’s shoe store because of that for a couple of times but I did get what I wanted. Everything was coming right back on tracks when I joined wildlife and I needed shoes with good gripping power. Guess what then?... yeah got myself a pair of good stout Woodland shoes... and yeah “with laces”.

So now every time I see my foot, without any doubt, the laces are untied. And now since I don’t have to step out of any line after attendance for untidiness, I don’t really bother about them being untied as well. But I don’t get it, I see thousands of people with laced shoes and their shoes are all intact, I never see ANYONE wearing a shoe with laces untied. It may be a mockery on my by God, or a test to see if I would bend down and do the needful.

Leaving everything behind, I joined a new office recently, I am pretty much excited about my new work. But then again I have to wear shoes with laces and I can’t help it. So my first visit to the field and my boss says ...

“hey!... your laces are untied”!!!!

Comments

  1. well written Zaara..i never knew ur writing skills are as good as ur speaking (continuously):-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts